Tuesday 14 April 2015

'Xcuse Me! Home Is Priority For Me Too...

Image Courtesy: motor-kid.com

Along the walk of life, I have met many a women - the ones who choose to follow a career even after they are married and have kids, the ones who choose to be homemakers because that's what they genuinely like doing, and those who choose to be homemakers simply because they are lazy to get out and work.

It is nothing new to find homemakers expressing concern over the homes run by the ones who choose to drive their career alongside. However, it is a matter of observation that the homemaker sect can be divided into two - the ones who are truly content with their lives and the ones who are plain lazy.

I have often noted that the truly content homemakers are often less judgmental about the working clan. In fact, most often this sect appreciates the working clan for the energy they exude.

"Your children will not feel loved", "They will fare bad at their studies.", "Who will take care of your husband's needs?", "Children will get cranky.", "YOU will get cranky.", "As a couple you will grow apart.", "God! Your kids will fall ill too often." are a few among the zillion advises poured out to women who choose to take up a career.

Needless to say, the ones that fall prey to these are the ones who get little or no support from the people they are supposed to. It's not just women, even men who are just plain lazy and unwilling to do their bit, pour out these kind of advises.

It is a typical characteristic of these people that they bear no intent to support or offer a helping hand, when it is needed.

"I told you so...", is all they will have to offer at a moment of support.

To all of you men and women out there who have this train of thought or have been that pregnant cloud down pouring these so-called words of wisdom - this one's for you...

I may be busy scheduling out my day,
I may have a maid to do the regular household chores for me,
Nevertheless, the home runs the way I want it to.
I manage it!

I take care to make sure that my home runs just as well in my absence.
The laundry gets done, the house gets swept clean and the kitchen runs fine, not just because I have a maid.
It's also because I know how to maintain her too.

I am sure to have carved out support
To ensure my child's safe and well taken care of.
I may not be with my child 24 hours a day.
But please care to note that I am my child's mother.
I take immense care and shell out lots of money
To ensure that my child is in safe hands.

Even after a busy day, I make time to
Chat with my little one, play games, watch cartoons and
See the smiles, giggles and laughter.
Like yours, my child too turns to me in times of illness, sorrow and joy because
I am also a mother and a caring one, after all...

With all due respect to the life you have chosen to live,
Please respect the fact that like you say your home is your priority,
It is no different for me.

It is cruel and downright idiocy to think that just because
I have chosen to pursue a career alongside I am a selfish being.
Honestly, I think it's high time
You change your lens of observation.

If you can, stop sitting up on a pedestal looking down upon me.
If not, crib behind my back for all you care. 
Just stop advising me, please...

Remember, I am just being polite not asking you to stop.
Don't push it!


I understand that your brain, knowledge train and/or life experience
Hasn't showered you with the capability of understanding
The life I choose to live.
Deal with this issue yourself, I pray. 
For I don't have
The time, energy or space
To give you a detailed class.

Be clear that my child, my home and my life is my problem.

Be aware that I shall heed your advise
When I think you may be in a position to offer a solution.
Until then, please understand that
Free advises are simply a waste of my time and yours.

Last but not the least;
Like everybody else on this earth,
I too am observant about the life around me.

I see couples living a fairly good life. 
Just in case you haven't noticed;
Love grows and relationships get stronger
When male counterparts do their fair share.
Not just when they want things done.
But also when it is the need of the hour-
Needless of who is at the needs' end.

With that note I'd like to enlighten you
That my husband may be in relation
Your brother, your son or your dear best friend.
However, before you seat yourself on the judge's chair,
It is a note to ponder that you will
Never know how he is as a husband - NEVER!

So if you cannot hold yourself back,
I would suggest that you
Reserve your advises for him,
Discuss events or console him, as you please.

Let me be ME.


Thank you ever so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment