Wednesday 14 May 2014

Revisiting Disney: Frozen

Courtesy: justjared.com



'Frozen' - the name leaves you feeling all cold. When you watch the movie, you not only realize that the movie is christened well; you also grow in love with everything that's happening on the screen. What you see is all cold but what you feel is so much more. Walt Disney's Frozen, according to me, is one of the coolest animation feature films to have been made!

Frozen revolves around the lives of two royal sisters - Elsa and Anna. It tells the tale of the struggle princess Elsa goes through to keep a power that she has under control. The story reflects on how you end up messing up big time in your effort to hide and control something you fear. The after effect of such an effort from Elsa leaves an entire kingdom frozen. The rest of the plot deals with how Anna, a daring optimist, who has undying faith in her sister, sets out on an adventurous journey to free the kingdom from this wrath.

I have never felt or seen snow, except in pictures and movies. It's human to nourish a need to see the unseen. Whenever I have expressed this desire, I have heard from people who have seen it all, that the sight of snow is exciting only the first time. I am told that after the first sight of snow, it gets mundane unless you play with it. Whether you are like me or like my snow matter expert friends, Walt Disney's Frozen has everything that it takes to make you fall in love with the sight of snow, ice and frost. The visuals are extremely picturesque and delightful. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee definitely prove extremely gifted to have been able to conceptualize such awesome visuals.

Another aspect of the movie that I would give an A+ to is the music. It's been a long time since I have truly enjoyed songs in an animated movie. According to me, Frozen has songs that can match up with the kinds you have in The Little Mermaid or Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. ‘Let it go’ and ‘do you want to build a snow man’ are my personal favorites. Having said that, I must also mention, that the rest of the songs are no way fared poorly. They are all treat to your eyes and ears.

The characters that Disney comes up with always find their way effortlessly into my heart. They are all so cute! Among all others, in any given movie, there will be one that is rather outstanding. If it was Sebastian in The Little Mermaid, Grumpy in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Maximus in Tangled; it has got to be Olaf – the snow man in Frozen. He is not just cute but has been developed with so much uniqueness. Highly witty and awfully ambitious!

The climax left me spell bound! A Disney classic breaking out of its own tradition! I am extremely impressed that through Frozen, they have done away with the traditional concept of true love.

From my review so far, you would have gathered that I love Frozen for its strong story line, breathtaking graphics, beautiful music, adorable characters and brilliant climax. I have reserved the best for the last...

What I love the most about Frozen is its soul. The message that it imparts is amazing. It rings a bell that we all have some trait or the other which we hate/fear/deny. Traits that we have dismissed to be cursed ones. Frozen sets an example for us to believe in ourselves as a whole. When we accept our true self along with every bit of shortcoming and imperfection instilled in us, we can use it to our advantage and make it our greatest virtue.

To work wonders – just be yourself because you are worth it!


3 comments:

Shaila Touchton said...

Very nice.thanks for sharing !

Anu said...

Bis ......... Super!!

Unknown said...

I agree, Bis. Lovely movie, and good review from you. My daughter loves this movie and is always singing 'Let it go'. :)

Post a Comment